Registration for 2018 Foundations is April 27, 2018, from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
All fees are due the day of registration.
Cash, check, and credit cards are accepted.
Payment plans are available.
What is Summer Foundations?
At De La Salle, your child is more than a test score. Summer Foundations is a four-week program for incoming students that provides us the opportunity to better understand your child’s learning style, study and homework habits, and social skills. We use what we learn to create a stronger fit for your child within the De La Salle community.
Wednesday, June 6 – Wednesday, June 27
Mondays: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Tuesdays – Fridays: 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Develop social skills that will help them succeed through their high school career • Participate in practical skills building that will ease the transition to high school • take academic classes so that we may assess skills and abilities • MAKE NEW FRIENDS!
Academics: Students participate in four classes.
- Algebra I – Emphasis on individual assessment
- English – Writing skills and grammar
- Reading – Mandatory summer reading book
- Life/Study Skills – savvy strategies for high school success
- Attitude as a Choice
- Personal responsibility
- Dealing with others’ poor choices
- Building a Positive School Community
- Getting involved
- Gossip and its negative effects
- Social media usage and its impact
- Team Building
- How to be a great team member
- Develop excellent listening skills
- A Balanced Life
- Work and play
- Home life and school life
- Get to know the campus
- Learn to interpret class schedules, find classrooms, use the locks and lockers
- Understand the mission and traditions of a Lasallian education
- Learn the Alma Mater and Fight song
- Become familiar with the Classrooms of the Future technology (3D printer, software, video production studio and much more)