Application for Admission
Click here to download Archdiocesan Application for Admission as a PDF file to print
De La Salle Admissions Process
The following timeline applies to incoming 8th-grade and 9th-grade students only. Upperclassman applicants should refer to the transfer student page of our website. Please do not hesitate to contact our Admissions Office with any questions, 504-895-5717.
- Monday, November 13, 2017 (8th-grade applicants only)–Archdiocesan applications are distributed to seventh-grade students of Catholic elementary schools.
- Wednesday, November 15, 2017 (8th-grade applicants only)–Catholic elementary school students submit their Archdiocese application forms to their elementary school.
- If you are attending a Catholic elementary school, return the completed Archdiocesan application to your Catholic elementary school principal. Catholic elementary schools will only send transcripts to De La Salle from their current school. You will need to submit a completed De La Salle application and the $50 one time, non-refundable, non-transferable application/testing fee along with all the required documents, except the transcripts, to De La Salle by Friday, December 1.
- Friday, November 17, 2017 (8th-grade applicants only)–Catholic elementary school Principals send applications to De La Salle.
- Click here to download Archdiocesan Application for Admission as a PDF file to print
- Friday, December 1, 2017 (8th-grade and 9th-grade applicants)–All De La Salle applications are due to the Admissions Office
All applicants, accompanied by a parent/guardian, must take part in an interview during this time. The interview will last approximately one half-hour. The De La Salle admissions office will contact you to schedule the applicant’s interview. Applicants may wear their school uniform. Please no cargo pants, jogging pants, jeans or shorts.
- Saturday, January 6, 2018 – Application Day
Students applying to 8th or 9th-grade at De La Salle are required to attend Application Day at De La Salle High School from 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. A $50 one time, non-refundable, non-transferable application and testing fee will be collected from each student upon arrival at the high school. If you submitted the De La Salle application online or have already paid the application and testing fee please omit the $50 fee.
- Thursday, February 22, 2018-Decision letters are mailed home.
- If you do not receive a letter by Friday, March 10, please contact the Admissions Office at [email protected].
Required Document Checklist:
- $50 Application fee (non-refundable)
- Completed Archdiocese Application
- Completed De La Salle Application
- Recent photo of the student. (non-returnable)
- Copy of the student’s Birth Certificate
- Copy of the student’s Social Security card
- Copy of a complete Immunization Record
- Copy of standardized test scores from the last two years
- Most recent report card.
- Official transcript from the last three school years
- Any psychological or educational evaluations administered to the student must be submitted with this application
- Parent(s), please explain why you feel De La Salle is the best school for your child. (Typed, no more than one page.)
- Prospective student, please tell us why you wish to become a part of the De La Salle family and how you plan to participate in school sports, clubs or activities. (Typed, no more than one page.)