Admissions Process and Application for Admission
Apply for the 2018-19 School Year (Rolling Admissions)
De La Salle is currently accepting applications for admission to the fall and spring of the 2018-19 school year for grades 8-11. Please fill out the online application link above to submit your application. Contact the director of admissions, Jessica Atwood, at 504-258-1628 or, [email protected].
De La Salle Admissions Process at a Glance
- Online application submitted with the $50 application fee.
- Submit Documents
- Grade records and standardized test scores for the last two years must be submitted either by uploading to the online application or by emailing them to [email protected]
- Admissions Interview
- Once an application is submitted, the admissions office will contact the parent/guardian to schedule an interview with at least one parent/guardian and the student.
- Application Review by the Admissions Committee
- Application Decision
- The admissions office will notify families of the final decision either by phone or email.
Upperclassmen Applicants (Tenth Grade and Eleventh Grade):
All new upperclassmen applicants (transfer students) must submit a completed application form, standardized test scores, teacher and counselor recommendations along with a transcript from the school of current attendance. Applications for enrollment in grades higher than ninth are based on openings available and on De La Salle’s ability to fit the student into the school’s curriculum. All such applicants require an interview with the Admissions Director.
Students previously asked to withdraw or expelled from De La Salle High School or any other high school will not be accepted into De La Salle High School.
De La Salle High School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
Applicants interested in applying for the 2019-20 school year may apply at this time using the online application below.
Twelfth Grade Applicants:
De La Salle does not accept twelfth-grade transfer students. Applicants wishing to transfer for their senior year should contact the admissions director at 504-895-5717 x 118 or, [email protected].
All admissions to De La Salle High School are for one year at a time. At any time, the school administration reserves the right to refuse admission to former students.
De La Salle High School adheres to the Catholic High School Admission Process set forth by the Archdiocese of New Orleans.
All initial admissions are made through the Admissions Office. Initial admission involves the following steps:
- Completing and submitting the De La Salle Application Form along with the application fee.
- Having the applicant’s present school forward to the Office of Admissions an up-to-date academic transcript (including any standardized test scores).
- Once the Application Form, application fee, and academic transcript have been received, an admissions interview will be scheduled with a De La Salle interviewer, the applicant, and the student’s parents/guardians.
- Following final acceptance, the following documents must be on file with De La Salle at the time of registration:
- the final, complete and official transcript from the previous school,
- copy of the birth certificate,
- copy of immunization records,
- copy of Social Security Card, and
- International students must submit some proof of English proficiency.
- Because De La Salle students are drug-tested, transfer students (a student is considered a transfer when he/she enters De La Salle after the start of his/her ninth-grade year at De La Salle) will be tested, at their cost, as part of the admissions procedure, prior to their final acceptance. Any transfer student who tests positive for drugs will not be admitted to De La Salle.
Although the admissions committee makes a recommendation to the Principal and the Admissions Director regarding the admittance of a potential De La Salle student, the final decision to admit a student lies solely with the President, in consultation with the Principal and Admissions Director.
Required Document Checklist:
- $50 Application fee (non-refundable)
- Completed Archdiocese Application
- Completed De La Salle Application
- Copy of the student’s Birth Certificate
- Copy of the student’s Social Security card
- Copy of a complete Immunization Record
- Copy of standardized test scores from the last two years
- Most recent report card.
- Official transcript from the last three school years
- Any psychological or educational evaluations administered to the student must be submitted with this application
- Parent(s), please explain why you feel De La Salle is the best school for your child. (Typed, no more than one page.)
- Prospective student, please tell us why you wish to become a part of the De La Salle family and how you plan to participate in school sports, clubs or activities. (Typed, no more than one page.)
Upperclassman applicants should refer to the transfer student page of our website. Please do not hesitate to contact our Admissions Office with any questions, 504-895-5717.