Application for Admission
Online Application for Admission (Click here to apply now!)
Archdiocesan application (8th-grade only) will be available to download and print on November 14, 2018
Apply for the 2018-19 School Year (Fall Deadline: August 20, 2018)/(Spring Deadline: December 11, 2018)
De La Salle is currently accepting applications for admission to the fall and spring of the 2018-19 school year for grades 8-11. Please fill out the online application link above to submit your application. Contact the director of admissions, Jessica Atwood, at 504-258-1628 or, [email protected].
Apply for the 2019-20 School Year (Fall)
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 16, 2018 Submission of Archdiocesan High School Applications (8th-grade only): All prospective eighth graders who currently attend an Archdiocesan elementary or middle school wishing to apply for admission for the 2019-2020 school year must submit a completed Archdiocesan Application by Friday, November 16, 2018. The completed application form must be returned to the applicant’s grammar school for a transcript of grades.
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 30, 2018 De La Salle High School Online Applications Due: Additionally, all applicants must complete the De La Salle High School application on the school’s website by Friday, November 30, 2018. This part can be completed prior to November 16 and must be done online at www.delasallenola.com.
SATURDAY, JANUARY 12, 2019 High School Placement Test: A placement examination for prospective eighth graders and freshmen will be given on Saturday, January 12, 2019, at De La Salle High School.
All applicants for initial admission are selected according to an evaluation of cumulative records and standardized test scores from elementary schools. Applicants must meet the following requirements: favorable recommendations from teachers or administrators of previous schools, satisfactory conduct and effort grades, and passing all subjects.
Applicants from non-parochial schools applying for admission must submit the online De La Salle High School application, standardized test scores, and transcripts from the previous three years.
Upperclassmen transfers: All new upperclassmen applicants (transfer students) must submit a completed application form, standardized test scores, teacher and counselor recommendations along with a transcript from the school of current attendance. Applications for enrollment in grades higher than ninth are based on openings available and on De La Salle’s ability to fit the student into the school’s curriculum. All such applicants require an interview with the Admissions Director. Senior transfer students are not accepted into De La Salle High School.
Students previously asked to withdraw or expelled from De La Salle High School or any other high school will not be accepted into De La Salle High School.
De La Salle High School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
Applicants interested in applying for the 2019-20 school year may apply at this time using the online application below.
All admissions to De La Salle High School are for one year at a time. At any time, the school administration reserves the right to refuse admission to former students.
De La Salle High School adheres to the Catholic High School Admission Process set forth by the Archdiocese of New Orleans.
All initial admissions are made through the Admissions Office. Initial admission involves the following steps:
- Completing and submitting the De La Salle Application Form along with the application fee.
- Having the applicant’s present school forward to the Office of Admissions an up-to-date academic transcript (including any standardized test scores).
- Once the Application Form, application fee, and academic transcript have been received, an admissions interview will be scheduled with a De La Salle interviewer, the applicant, and the student’s parents/guardians.
- Following final acceptance, the following documents must be on file with De La Salle at the time of registration:
- the final, complete and official transcript from the previous school,
- copy of the birth certificate,
- copy of immunization records,
- copy of Social Security Card, and
- International students must submit some proof of English proficiency.
- Because De La Salle students are drug-tested, transfer students (a student is considered a transfer when he/she enters De La Salle after the start of his/her ninth-grade year at De La Salle) will be tested, at their cost, as part of the admissions procedure, prior to their final acceptance. Any transfer student who tests positive for drugs will not be admitted to De La Salle.
Although the admissions committee makes a recommendation to the Principal and the Admissions Director regarding the admittance of a potential De La Salle student, the final decision to admit a student lies solely with the President, in consultation with the Principal and Admissions Director.
De La Salle Admissions Process at a Glance
- Online application submitted with the $50 application fee.
- If applying for 8th-grade acceptance, then an archdiocesan application must also be submitted.
- The Archdiocesan Application for Admission will be available on November 14, 2018, as a PDF file to download and print.
- Admissions Interview
- Once an application is submitted, the admissions office will contact the parent/guardian to schedule an interview with at least one parent/guardian and the student.
- Application Review
- Application Decision
- The admissions office will notify families of the final decision either by phone, email, or direct mail.
Required Document Checklist:
- $50 Application fee (non-refundable)
- Completed Archdiocese Application
- Completed De La Salle Application
- Recent photo of the student. (non-returnable)
- Copy of the student’s Birth Certificate
- Copy of the student’s Social Security card
- Copy of a complete Immunization Record
- Copy of standardized test scores from the last two years
- Most recent report card.
- Official transcript from the last three school years
- Any psychological or educational evaluations administered to the student must be submitted with this application
- Parent(s), please explain why you feel De La Salle is the best school for your child. (Typed, no more than one page.)
- Prospective student, please tell us why you wish to become a part of the De La Salle family and how you plan to participate in school sports, clubs or activities. (Typed, no more than one page.)
Upperclassman applicants should refer to the transfer student page of our website. Please do not hesitate to contact our Admissions Office with any questions, 504-895-5717.