Required summer reading for students entering 11th grade
Required English Department Summer Reading (click on your grade level):
Summer Reading Instructions:
Mandatory Book Reading
- Read the mandatory book for your class before the first day of English class.
- This book will be discussed in class as part of the curriculum.
- There will be a test on this book in the first quarter of the class.
- Purchase the book edition with the same ISBN number listed. This makes class discussion easier.
- If you have questions, please contact Hank Nusloch at [email protected]
Entering 11th grade
Mandatory: Their Eyes Were Watching God ISBN 978-0061120060
Note: If you are entering 11th grade and taking AP English, you will need to read both the English III book and the AP book. See below.
Entering 11th or 12th grade and taking AP English
AP English: Track 1
Mandatory: Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
ISBN # 978-0486264646
Audio available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wExK37zBmX8