The De La Salle High School Guidance Department provides personal, academic, emotional, and social support for all members of our school community. Our goal is to foster individual well-being in an atmosphere of hope and acceptance.
Specific counseling services include the following:
- providing support for students having classroom difficulty
- providing materials for students as they prepare for standardized tests (PSAT, SAT, ACT)
- designing intervention strategies for at-risk students
- organizing school-wide testing programs
- providing information on graduation, honors placement, and specialized academic opportunities
PERSONAL and FAMILY COUNSELING:
- providing opportunities for students to speak to a professional counselor in a time of personal difficulty
- providing individual and small group counseling
- assisting students with orientation to high school
- scheduling and facilitating parental conferences
- referring students for specialized services
COLLEGE and CAREER COUNSELING:
- scheduling and coordinating visits by university representatives
- counseling individual students as they search for appropriate colleges and universities
- providing information on scholarships and college admissions
- providing college and career catalogues, videos, computer software for student use
- conducting parent information meetings to assist parents with financial aid applications
De La Salle High School Counselors are here to provide students, teachers, and parents with the support services necessary to foster success and personal development.
To make an appointment to visit a counselor please call 504-895-5717.