2015-16 Course Scheduling Information for Parents
We have begun the scheduling process for next year with both faculty and students.
Teachers have recommended tracking placements for students for next year, and our rising seniors, juniors and sophomores have had a scheduling assembly in which they selected elective choices for next year.
During the week of April 13-17, students will have a chance to speak with teachers and advocate for themselves regarding next year’s placements (AP, honors, track 3, track 4). They will also be provided with the opportunity during this week to collect teacher signatures for elective approval.
I strongly encourage you to visit with your child during the next several days and into next week to discuss his or her projected courses, placements, and electives. All questions regarding placement choices should be directed to your child’s teachers via email or phone conversation.
Some important guidelines to consider:
- Your child’s tracked courses and electives will be sent home with your child on Monday, April 27th. Your child will have until Friday, May 1st, to return this sheet with both his or her signature and your signature.
- Students who fail to meet the deadlines we announce will be scheduled last.
- Any student recommended for an AP course must attend a mandatory meeting with a parent in early May to consent to enrollment.
- We cannot guarantee that your child’s elective choices will be met—the schedule depends on teachers / number of students / schedule breakdown / etc.
- Now is the time to insure accurate course tracking. After final schedules are mailed home near the end of June, the scheduling process is complete. I WILL NOT BE CHANGING SCHEDULES unless there has been a coding error on the part of the schedule advisors. Reasons for changes such as “I changed my mind,” “the class is harder than I thought,” “I thought another teacher was teaching this class” are unacceptable.
Our schedule advisors are Ms. Kerri Caruso (2015-16 seniors), Ms. Ana Garcia (2015-16 juniors), Mr. John Charles (2015-16 sophomores), and Mr. Paul Kelly (2015-16 freshmen). Please feel free to contact the advisor assigned to your child’s grade level if you have any questions about this process.
Mr. Paul Kelly, (’83)